Arena: Montreal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upcoming events: Arena Montreal, Doubles Tournament

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Leadership of General & Army Standard (BSB)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Silver

Leadership of General & Army Standard (BSB) Empty
PostSubject: Leadership of General & Army Standard (BSB)   Leadership of General & Army Standard (BSB) EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 5:46 pm

Does each player have his own General and BSB for the purpose of Leadership tests, Break tests and Victory Points or does 1 player have 1 General for the Team and 1 Army Standard?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Fantasy: Generals and Standard Bearers   Leadership of General & Army Standard (BSB) EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 6:02 pm

Hello,

I am hoping after some play testing this weekend I will definately have an answer for you by Monday!!

thanks,
Angela
Back to top Go down
http://arena-montreal.omgforum.net
Crawd

PostSubject: Re: Leadership of General & Army Standard (BSB)   Leadership of General & Army Standard (BSB) EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 10:16 am

Regarding the question about the Battle Standard Bearers, what about Bretonnians? In the composition of the army, you have to include a Battle Standard Bearer. So if their is a limitation on Battle Standard Bearers, 1 per team, does it mean that 2 Bretonnians can't team up together?

Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Leadership of General & Army Standard (BSB)   Leadership of General & Army Standard (BSB) EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 12:44 pm

Question #1: Silver
            Each player has it’s own General as decided by the model with the highest leadership (or any special conditions the army demands). Each player may also have it’s own Battle Standard Bearer. However the units of one fragment of the army doesn’t recognize the authority of the leaders from the other fragment. Thus, the General’s Leadership and rerolls from a BSB only affect units from the same player.

Question #2: Crawd
            Each team can have up to 2 BSB (1 per player) and each BSB only affects units under the same player’s control.
Back to top Go down
http://arena-montreal.omgforum.net
BigBird

PostSubject: Re: Leadership of General & Army Standard (BSB)   Leadership of General & Army Standard (BSB) EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 11:52 pm

My problem comes from the fact that I do not have the lord but I have a BSB. Meaning that the only other hero that I have and that is not a BSB is a scroll caddie mage lvl1. For the purposes of Arena Doubles, could the BSB be the general? Otherwise it would be "wrong" to say that both sides can have a BSB since the highest leadership is the lord's one. but usually BSBs can't be generals ... so could my mage be one?
Back to top Go down
Silver

PostSubject: Re: Leadership of General & Army Standard (BSB)   Leadership of General & Army Standard (BSB) EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 3:47 am

BSBs may not be Generals, the highest leadership character has to be General - yes, if he is elligible, which BSBs are not.
Back to top Go down
Eric

PostSubject: Re: Leadership of General & Army Standard (BSB)   Leadership of General & Army Standard (BSB) EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 8:19 am

Hi, I posted that answer to the wargaming montreal forum but to avoid much more debate there I'd thought I'd seek a clarification.

Essentially this question comes down to (1) whether the General is chosen from amongst the characters with the highest leadership value or (2) whether a player may first chose a BSB and then chose the general from the subset of remaining characters with the highest leadership value(s).

In this later option, you can have a BSB who has the highest leadership value of all characters (including higher than the general) while in the former no model can have a leadership value higher than the general. In essence, everyone understands the basic rules on this, and the question is in essence whether the General is chosen first or the BSB is chosen first.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leadership of General & Army Standard (BSB)   Leadership of General & Army Standard (BSB) Empty

Back to top Go down

Leadership of General & Army Standard (BSB)
Page 1 of 1